Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 12: 1/20 Mermaids and Trivia

                When you’re on this ship all the time with not many forms of entertainment, having a good movie on the loop can be a very nice treat.  When said movie is Disney it makes it 100 times better, and when it is The Little Mermaid it makes it 1,000 times better!  In the time in between my classes, dinner, and trivia, I’m pretty sure I watched the movie 4 or 5 times (and watched it more the next day).  Disney movies will probably be one of the greatest little delights I will have on this ship.  Apparently there will be more throughout the voyage, so I’m excited for that!

                The trivia night was pretty fun and interesting.  I actually learned quite a bit of random pieces of information.  Some of the things I learned were: there are 418 cabins on the ship, the leftover food on the ship gets ground up and pulped out into the ocean, there are 8 inhabited islands in Hawaii, 2/3 of eggplants are grown in New Jersey, the index finger of the Statue of Liberty is 8 feet long, there are very few teams in the NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB that don’t end in “s”, the first bathroom scene was on the show Leave it to Beaver, there are 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet, corn originated in Mexico, and pineapple originated in Brazil.  There were a ton of other questions, but I don’t remember them all.  Even though we didn’t win, it was a good time!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment