Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 2: 1/10 Orientation

                The first full day on the ship is designated for “Orientation” which basically means a whole day of the students sitting and listening to people talk.  This kind of made me nervous with the seasickness that I experienced the previous day, but I woke up on this day feeling a lot better and didn’t get seasick all day.  I got breakfast with Shelley, and random people joined our table.  It’s similar to how I pictured my freshman year of college to be, because that’s how my brother described his freshman year experience where people would just sit at random tables and make friends.  However, that isn’t how my freshman year went, so it was fairly new to me.  I liked it though.  Everyone on the ship seems very friendly, and I haven’t had anyone rejected my request to sit with them so far, so that’s nice.  The orientation started at 900, and it was basically going over the material covered in the Voyager’s Handbook (which we signed off that we read).  I looked over a good chunk of the handbook prior to coming on the voyage, so the whole day seemed kind of pointless to me.  From the looks of the other people around me it was pointless to them too, especially the ones that fell asleep.  I’m sure for those who didn’t actually look over the Voyager’s Handbook, there were some important points made in the presentations, but I felt like I already knew most, if not everything, that they addressed.  Other than Orientation, I feel like not much really happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment