Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 6: 1/14 Fresh Air Never Felt So Nice

                Since that first night when I felt the need to get fresh air because of seasickness, I haven’t been outside.  I don’t exactly know why I haven’t had a meal or done my reading outside, but I finally got out onto the 7th deck and did some reading (or tried to do some reading).  It is kind of difficult for me to do my reading outside though especially when there’s so much going on, and when I enjoy looking out at the ocean and all the waves I tend to get a little distracted.  Also, the warmth of the sun and a little bit of a sea breeze makes me just want to sit and enjoy rather than read a stinkin’ book.  Every once in a while when we are in the middle of the ocean it hits me how big and how amazing and beautiful the ocean actually is.  When all you can see is ocean around you, you start to feel very small compared to the water.  It’s a difficult thing to explain, but when I look out at the ocean I tend to get lost in thought about how remarkable the world is and how remarkable life is.  I hope that everyone has this feeling, and I hope I will continue to have this feeling after I am no longer surrounded by water but rather am surrounded by the more mundane life I live and love back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment