Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 3: 1/11 First Day of Classes

        Today was the beginning of our academic lives here on the ship.  We began with an A day (which I touched on in a previous post), which meant I only had one class… yay! The only bad news is that my class is in the Union, which is located at the front of the ship, which means lots of movement.  Since my seasickness wasn’t bad yesterday I figured I’d be fine… boy was I wrong!  Within half an hour, I started to feel nauseous and at one point thought I was actually going to blow chunks in the middle of my class.  The good news is I didn’t, but the bad news is I felt so sick that I just stayed in bed for the majority of the day.  I was able to get up and get dinner with Jillian and Shelley, and after dinner I went to this “Explorer Seminar” which is kind of like a lecture that happens most nights we are at sea.  The lectures are about different things that are usually relevant to the places we will be going next.  This one was about the Ocean (specifically the Pacific Ocean) and included a part about the animals we might see while we are at sea heading to and from Hawaii.  It’s pretty fun to learn about things when you don’t have to do homework or study for a test about the topic… weird! (That was me being sarcastic). 

No comments:

Post a Comment