Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 10: 1/18 Sudden Goodbye

                Being in this part of Hawaii was very nice.  It was a wonderful temperature outside with the sun shining for the majority of the day; I even tried to get my tan on for a little bit.  I wish we were able to get off the boat, since there was an actual beach and I know this part of the island and some people here.  The reason we couldn’t is because it would cost a ton of money and we would have to go through customs again (I think) and it just wouldn’t be worth it.  I was going to lunch when I noticed that the boat was moving!  I suddenly freaked out because I wasn’t expecting to leave until later in the day.  Keenan and I started talking on the phone.  He tried to get me to go to lunch and just say goodbye then, but I was starting to freak out a little bit because I knew in the back of my mind that I wouldn’t be able to hear his voice for a long time.  I was trying to hold on until the very last possible moment to say goodbye, and then the phone call suddenly dropped.  In that moment my heart dropped and my stomach twisted into knots.  I frantically tried to get service and call him back, but ultimately failed.  I guess that was just the universe teaching me to not be so greedy and to learn to let go… dang universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment