Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 5: 1/13 Missing Math

                Today was the second day of A classes, and even though I only had one class I spent the entire rest of the day reading for my classes tomorrow.  It is pretty amazing how much reading they assign for the little amount of time between classes.  I think it usually ends up being around 100 pages (give or take), and for a slow reader like me it literally takes the majority of the day to finish the reading assigned for one class.  I really am starting to hate reading for class especially when the material is either confusing beyond belief or something that bores me to death.  All of this reading really makes me miss doing math problems.  Granted, I am one of few people who enjoy doing math problems, but I think that this semester of work will make me appreciate math more than I did before.  In one of my readings they mentioned Euclid and Euclidean Geometry, and in that moment I got really giddy and excited to keep reading, but it was only that one sentence that mentioned math which made me sad.  I think the main reason why I am struggling to get all my work done is that it is different work from what I’m used to; I’m not used to having this much reading to do and it is really starting to hit me how little reading I have had to do thus far in my collegiate academic career.  I don’t know how I’m going to get through this semester.  Hopefully I’ll get used to all the reading, but at this point it seems doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment