Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 13: 1/21...no wait!...1/22 The Lost Day, Immigration Forms

                In the middle of the night we crossed the International Date Line which made us skip an entire day!  So it’s like I didn’t even live through January 21, 2013! I guess we make up for it when we gain an hour almost every night when we travel, but who’s counting?  It is a really weird feeling though to be almost a day ahead of everyone back home.  It’s like I’m in the future and have already lived the day that they are about to live.  I think about it too much sometimes and cause my head to throb with how weird of a concept it is. 

Today was designated as a “study day” instead of being an A or B day, but rather than catch up on all of the reading I had to do I spent a good chunk of my day filling out all of the immigration forms for the countries we’re going to.  Luckily there was a PowerPoint with step-by-step instructions on how to fill out each form, so I don’t think I screwed any of them up (or at least I hope I didn’t).  The rest of my day was spent doing many things; however, none of them really consisted of doing actual school work. I have lost much of the motivation I had once had to do my schoolwork which is very unfortunate considering I’m only about ¼ into the semester.  Hopefully I’ll be able to get into my classes more in the next few weeks otherwise this whole school thing will come to bite me in the butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment