Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 14: 1/23 Extended Family and Taco Night

                One of the programs that SAS does on the ship is called “Extended Family” where students sign up to get put into a “family” with a professor or a life-long learner and other students.  It is supposed to be like your own little shipboard family while you’re on the ship.  I signed up for it because I had heard good things about it.  Tonight I finally got to meet my “family” during dinner.  My “parents” are Charles and Carol Morris and my “siblings” are Luke, Torrie, Andie, and two others who didn’t join us for dinner.  Charles is a Psychology professor, and he and his wife have been on two voyages prior to this one.  Both of them and the other students in my family all seem very nice; this makes me very excited to have them as a family because I miss my own family very much.

We met for dinner which happened to be Taco Night.  I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to eat tacos in my life!  The food on the ship is not bad at all; it follows a basic format of some sort of pasta, rice, white meat, red meat, veggies, soup, salad, bread, sometimes fruit, and dessert.  They change each one for every meal, but overall this is what the meals look like.  The meals don’t taste bad, but after a while you get tired of having basically the same thing every meal, so tacos were like an exquisite meal for me to enjoy and savor each and every sloppy, messy bite.  Since this was the case, I ended up eating so much I thought I was going to burst open like a piñata!  It was worth it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment