Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 15: 1/24 Soccer Attempt

                Today was the first day I tried to play soccer on the ship.  Some people got together at 1530 to get a little 3 v 3 game going, but what ended up happening was about 15 people showing up to play.  As Shelley and I waited for our turn to step onto the court, it started to rain in the strong, breezy winds.  This turned rain into sharp needles that pelted your skin with precision and made you squeal like a girl at a Justin Bieber concert.  We hid behind a wall as the two teams on the court muscled through the painful weather to score that golden goal.  I was hoping that, by the time my team was called to the court to play, the rain would stop or at least let up, but there was no luck.  I took a deep breath and ventured into the stinging rain.  I have always known that I disliked playing 3 v 3 soccer, but given the circumstances that are involved with soccer on the ship, I really loathed playing 3 v 3 soccer.  It is very difficult to really do anything effective on that small court, and the movement of the ship mixed with the wind of the storm made it nearly impossible to control the ball. Hopefully when I actually play for intramurals it won’t be quite as difficult, but part of me kind of doubts it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment