Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 16: 1/25 Homesickness Kicking In

                This nine or ten day stretch on the sea has started to give everyone cabin fever and has given me the homesickness bug.  As much fun as this trip is, it is still difficult when the ones you love are so far away and the only form of communication is email.  It has started to hit me how homesick I have become. I’m guessing it is just because there isn’t much to do on the ship that will occupy my mind to make sure it doesn’t wander into the land of despair.  There are times when the littlest thing will trigger a memory or an emotion that will remind me of my family or Keenan and will make me a little sad because they aren’t just a phone call or a drive away.  I know that homesickness is a part of the process of studying abroad, but it really is no fun to experience it.  I’m sure once we start going to ports more often the homesickness will decrease, but it is days like today that being alone in my room with only my thoughts as company is not a pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment