Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 23: 2/1 Sleepy Kid

                I never realized how draining going into port can be.  Today I slept pretty much all day besides going to class and eating some meals.  Part of the reason was due to that dang seasickness that crept up on me again, but the other part was just pure exhaustion from doing so much in the past several days.  I felt like such a lazy bum, but I have to admit getting some sleep made me feel so much better.  It wasn’t until later in the day that I actually did something other than sleep.  Shelley, Jillian, and I planned to have a nail night and just hang out.  It turned into watching Game of Thrones with two of the people Shelley traveled with in Japan, Zak and Alex.  While they were watching the show we were painting our toe nails, and for those of you who know me you know that I hardly ever just paint my fingernails.  No one besides Jillian knew this about me, so when I told Shelley I would do her nails I don’t think she knew what I was talking about.  Since I didn’t bring any of my nail stuff with me I improvised by using a Sharpie.  I drew some designs on the toes of one foot and showed her.  I’m pretty sure her jaw dropped to the floor; I don’t think she was expecting me to do anything like what I did, so she was pretty shocked.  They started another episode of GOT while I was working on writing for this blog (which has been more difficult to keep up with than I initially thought).  Shelley I think fell asleep within the first 15 or so minutes of the episode and Jillian already went to bed.  I wanted to go to sleep so badly but I didn’t want to ask the others to leave, so I kept writing through my drowsiness until the episode finally ended.  I got ready for bed and even though I slept for most of the day I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment