Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 24: 2/2 Being a Good Student

                Since I’m on the ship in the middle of the ocean on my way to so many different and amazing countries the last thing I want to do is school work, but today I finally buckled down a bit to catch up on school work.  My motivation for doing school work is practically nonexistent now, so to muster up the will to do this was extremely difficult but most definitely necessary.  I spent the day going to class and then doing work in between classes.  Are you proud mom?  I bet you are!  Later that night we had pre-port which I realize I didn’t talk about in any of my previous blog entries.  Pre-port is a mandatory session they have the night before we arrive in every port.  The pre-port includes information like what kind of currency the country uses, where to get money, what to watch out for and be cautious of, what is safe to eat/drink, and other information they think we should know before we get into the country.  This one also included statistics from Japan like how many people were drugged, pickpocketed, subjected to credit card fraud, or injured.  Unfortunately, I forget the numbers, but it is surprisingly more than I thought it would be.  Most of the things that happened occurred because people were being stupid and careless with how they carried themselves, so there’s no need for you all back home to worry excessively about my safety.  

No comments:

Post a Comment